September 2017  
SMTWTFS
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
     
Bible Search
About SCBAOC

History of the Association

 

History of the Association

On October 28, 1948, South Canadian

Baptist Association came into existence.

What was orginally Canadian Baptist Association

became North Canadian

and South Canadian Baptist Associations.

 

The first Director of Missions

was Coy Kirksey.

 

27 churches made up the original South Canadian Baptist Association and the first Annual Meeting was held September 23,1949 at First Baptist Church of Holdenville.  During this time Annual Celebrations took a total of 2 days!!!  (See a copy of the 1949 Annual Meeting page on the right)

 

Coy Kirksey would continue serving as Director

of Missions until 1959.  He was followed by N.B Moon, Guy Ward,

L.M. Norwood J.W. Wade, and Lin Jones.

Current DOM, Tim Green began serving on January 1, 1999.

 

To date, these men have traveled

over one million ministry miles!

 

The current building located at 2507 W. Wrangler Blvd. in Seminole was constructed in 1980.

 

Today, South Canadian Baptist Association is comprised of 32 Southern Baptist Churches which exist to Serve through Evangelism, Strengthen through Discipleship and Start through Planting.  Their purpose is the Great Commission restated for individuals, Churches and the Association!

 

Contents © 2017 South Canadian Baptist Association | Church Website Provided by mychurchwebsite.net | Privacy Policy